Atria collects, stores and documents material about the position of women in all fields - such as law, politics, labor, care, history, art, literature, science, religion, sexuality, gender equality and feminism, in the past and the present, from within and abroad.
One of the oldest collections
In 1935 Rosa Manus, Johanna Naber en Willemijn Posthumus-van der Goot founded the International Archive for the Women's Movement (IAV). They did this to collect and preserve women's heritage, and to encourage scientific research on the position of women.
Size of collection
- 1553 meters of archives and ego documents
- 186 magazine subscriptions
- 8000 magazines
- 8867 biographical clippings
- 110.000 books, reports and theses
- 394 Oral History interviews
- 41.600 images and audio items and 2100 objects